Price includes shipping and handling to US destinations.
International purchasers need to add additional shipping service charge (see below).
Alyne’s Beginner Dance Series
|Alyne’s Beginner Dance Program (Vol. 1)|
$35.00 (45 minutes DVD)
Level: For Beginners.
Learn 31 steps and isolations that are basic to the beginning dancer’s choreography tool kit! Includes demonstration and written notes for Choreography 1.
45 minutes Clear and easy to follow. Learn 31 steps and body and arm isolations that are basic to the beginning dancer’s choreography tool kit! Includes demonstration and written notes for Choreography 1. Featuring music from the ever popular Desert Wind (Alan Bachman) See sample from syllabus below. Written notes and tips for training included with each. See comments for dancers who purchased this DVD!
1. Basic Posture
2. Basic Egyptian
3. Arabic 1
4. Arabic 2
5. Arabic 3
7. 5 Count Step
8. 8 Count Step
9. Horseshoe Step
10. Jazz Step
13. Pivot Shift Step
14. Push Turn
15. Column Turn
16. Simple Turn
17. 5 Count Turn
18. Hip Isolations
19. Body Wave Up
20. Body Wave Down
21b. and freezes,
24. Figure 8
25. Chest Slide
26. Hip Slide
27. Chest Crescent
28. Hip Crescent
29. Choo Choo
30. Snake Arms
31. Kali Arms
1. Basic Egyptian 4x (Fwd/8 ct)
2. Diagonal Choo Choo 2x (4 cts RT, 4 cts left)
3. Arabic2 2x( 8 cts)
4. Basic Egyptian 2 x (4ct ) Column Turn RT 1x (4 cts)
5. ½ Horseshoe (4 ct) Simple Turn (LFT/4ct) (RT/4 ct)
6. ½ Horseshoe (4 ct) Simple Turn (RT/4ct) (LFT/4 ct)
7. Basic Egyptian TRIPLE Lock (Tap at Toe, Heel, Arch) then walk (Fwd, 16 ct)
REPEAT UNTIL MUSIC ENDS
(X= Repetitions, cts=counts)
Practice each step separately until you are comfortable, and then put them together to make a simple choreography like the one above. Start this choreography sequence with music that is slow and steady. See my recommendation below. Focus on footwork and step development first, then add the arm and hand framing as shown. It is important that your feet carry you through the music on the beat. As you become confident with the transitions between steps, use faster music to dance the same steps.
(Excerpt from the Vol 1 syllabus and notes)
Credits: Videography by Babi/Ron Productions
Unsolicited email from dancers that Purchased Alyne’s Beginner DVD
- Dearest Alyne
I just watched your DVD!!!!! I got it earlier today and HAD to watch it~ Fantastic!!!!!!!
I love how you name your movements, many of them I learned with different names, but I always liked yours….
If you will allow me, I will write a review of it soon and let others know how wonderful it is!
- It’s a good DVD with simple explanation. I understood how to do body wave. My teacher isn’t able to do explanation, in fact after 3 years we are not able to dance a piece by ourselves or choreograph by ourselves. We are awkward, if you have also advanced course tell me.
- The DVD works fine. No problems at all….I am 43, and appreciate a more mature instructor.(!)
I also liked the footwork that was filmed. In so many other videos, they’ll explain the steps, but won’t show them! Leaving us to guess if the foot was flat, forward or pointed. Thanks again.
- Alyne….Thanks! I received the DVD today. The delivery person caught me just as I was ready to go out the door, so I’m glad I was still home to receive and Sign for it! It drove me crazy knowing I couldn’t check it out for a couple of hours! I really like the DVD. It is the first I’ve heard about that actually gives you the dance/traveling steps to practice instead of just single hip or chest isolations! I heard about your DVD on the belly dance videos on yahoo groups & was excited about getting it. Thanks again!
Steve Irwin will always be my hero.
Thank you for dancing for a kinder world!